This vegan truffle recipe is the perfect sweet, uplifting treat any time of day. It uses a combination of dried rose petals, rose water and rose jam. All of the ingredients in these coconut rose balls are raw, gluten free and vegan and you can adapt the taste to your own liking. If you prefer a stronger rose taste you can add more rose water or rose jam. If you prefer less, keep it as is or just use the rose water. We love the versatility of dried rose petals. You can use them in a tea, grind them up slightly or into a powder to decorate your favorite desserts, steep them in boiling water and then cool to make your own rose facial spray. Read more on the benefits and uses of rose here. This vegan truffle recipe uses a combination of pistachios, cashews and coconut as the base, but feel free to experiment with other nuts or omit the coconut if you prefer. We also added a hint of ground cardamom, which complements the rose flavor of these vegan coconut balls wonderfully.
Rose Bliss Balls
Makes about 12 balls.
- 8 dates
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3-4 Tbs shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp rose jam
- Ground pistachios
- Shredded coconut
- Ground dried rose petals
- Soak dates in warm water for 5-10 minutes if not soft. Drain and set aside.
- Add cashews, pistachios, coconut, cardamom and salt to the bowl of a food processor and blend until coarsely ground, not completely powdery.
- Add dates, vanilla and coconut, rose water and rose jam to food processor and process and mixture comes together.
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture out at a time and roll into a ball.
- Roll in some ground pistachios, ground coconut or dried rose petals. We used a combination of coconut and rose petals and pistachios and rose petals.
- Place balls on a plate and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour to firm up. Enjoy!