Shilajit is a great addition to other herbal or warm beverages. It possesses a quality known as Yogavahi, which essentially means that it increases the absorption and efficacy of other herbs it is taken with.
In this delicious herbal hot cacao contributed by Wellness Consultant, Jaime Lynn Ruiz, Shilajit is combined with Ashwaghanda and Rhodiola, two herbs known for their ability to support energy, hormones and stress reduction.
Learn how to make this cacao drink below! The cacao powder (not to be confused with processed cocoa powder) along with honey and coconut butter make this a delicious creamy treat that will soothe you from the inside out. If you are pure vegan, you can substitute the honey in this cacao drink recipe for maple syrup, agave or monk fruit sweetener.
Shilajit Cacao Latte Recipe
By Jaime Lynn Ruiz
- 8-10 oz of hot water or hot nut milk
- 1 scoop of Authentic Shilajit™ (size of grain of rice)
- 2 tsps of high quality cacao
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ashwaghanda
- 1 tsp rhodiola
- 1 tsp coconut butter
- Dash of Himalayan salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Heat water or milk and then add to blender.
- Add Shilajit, cacao, honey, ashwaghanda, rhodiola, coconut butter and dash of Himalayan salt to blender.
- Blend on high for 45 seconds - 1 minute.
- Pour and top with a dash of cinnamon.