The weather in many places in the northern hemisphere is getting cooler, and with that the body will begin to require warmer foods to keep digestion in check and the immune system strong. This Ayurvedic Chyawanprash Pear Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe is the perfect Vata season breakfast. Feel free to substitute apples for pears if you like!
CHYAWANPRASH OATMEAL WITH SPICED PEARS
1 serving of Ayurveda oatmeal
- 1/3-1/2 cup oats (sprouted organic oats preferable)
- 1-2 tsp Authentic Chyawanprash™
- 1 chai tea bag (optional)
- 1/2 pear, cored and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 Tbsp ghee, butter or vegan butter
- Honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Toasted sliced almonds or walnuts (optional)
- Cook oats according to package directions, using recommended amount of water. If using chai tea bag, first bring water to a boil, then add tea bag to water, simmer for 3 minutes. Discard tea bag and then add oats.
- While oats are cooking, heat butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Be careful not to burn it. Once butter is hot, add slices of pear. Sprinkle with coconut sugar, cinnamon and cardamom. Cook for a few minutes and then flip and cook for a few more minutes until slightly soft and golden.
- Once oats are done cooking, let cool for a few minutes, stir in Authentic Chyawanprash. Drizzle honey or maple syrup if desired. Top with spice pears and toasted nuts. Enjoy!