Sometimes you need an afternoon pick me up or a little bit before a workout. Most energy and nutrition bars on the market are full of processed ingredients and loads of sugar.
Over time, too much sugar and processed foods will interfere with digestion and cause the buildup of Ama (toxins) in the body. This will eventually deplete the body of energy (Prana) and can lead to illness.
Making healthy treats at home can be super easy and fun. Try these super satisfying and delicious cocoa powder energy balls which we’ve infused with our powerful Authentic Shilajit. This ayurvedic snack recipe is full of natural ingredients that are good for your mind and body!
COCOA SHILAJIT ENERGY BALLS
Makes 16 energy snack balls
- 2-3 pea sized portions Authentic Shilajit™
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 8-10 dates, pitted
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Put Shilajit in a small dish. Add 1 Tbsp hot water and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, put pitted dates and pulse until crumbly.
- Add in cashews, hemp seeds, cocoa powder and salt. Pulse until starting to incorporate. It should be a bit crumbly still.
- Next add in vanilla extract, Shilajit mixture and ghee or coconut oil. Process until all ingredients combine and a ball forms.
- Take a spoonful at a time and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment lined dish.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To roll in toppings, remove from fridge. Place sesame seeds and cocoa powder in two shallow dishes. Carefully roll half the balls in the sesame seeds and half in the cocoa powder (or use whichever you prefer.)
- Place back on dish and put in the fridge for 2 hours. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.